Hot Water Recirc Systems
Harness the power of your hot water recirc systems to filter out Legionella and pathogens! Water Control is offering another new tool in the fight to control Legionella, and maintain levels below “accepted” thresholds. The tool is in-line High-Capacity Ultrafiltration (HUF®) for hot water recirc loops. Hot water systems in large facilities, such as hospitals and nursing homes, represent the greatest risk for growth and transmission of waterborne pathogens – Legionella pneumophilia in particular.
For reasons of energy code, every such facility has a domestic hot water recirculation system. In most cases, in order to reduce water stagnancy, recirculation pumps operate 24/7, constantly sending water out to the facility and bringing it back to pick up additional heat (as needed).
The concept is simple: install an 8GPM, low-pressure-loss, high-temp (158°F), self-cleaning High-Capacity Ultrafilter to continuously filter recirculating water and remove 99.999% of all bacterial cells – as well as the nutrients that feed them. These Ultrafilters feature temperature-tolerant, hollow fiber membrane modules, manufactured by German innovators Seccua GmbH. The membranes have a 1 year life before replacement. The control modules feature automatic flush controls, GPM and PSI monitoring (with displays), and a 72PSI automatic pressure relief mechanism for system protection.
Hot Water Recirc Results
The results can be dramatic.
- Drastically reduce bacterial numbers
- Remove nutrients
- Avoid chemical treatment
- Note: It is a must to institute this filtration in conjunction with regular flushing and avoidance/removal of piping “dead legs.”
Hot Water Recirc System Features
- Continuously filter hot water as it recirculates around the facility
- 99.999% bacterial, protozoan, and sediment reduction (99.99% viral reduction)
- Significant reductions in nutrient load and bacterial counts
- Flow-through filter design (no constant waste stream) with low pressure loss
- Disinfectants remain in water, with higher effectiveness
- Flushes on % fouling and operating time
- Intuitive control system with 72 PSI pressure relief mechanism (protects water heaters)
- Working temperature range 40°-158°F (max intermittent temp: 170°F)
- Working pressure range: 30 – 73 PSI
- 120VAC power supply
Fill out our High-Capacity Ultrafiltration System Design Questionnaire. Once submitted, our team will arrange everything.