UV Light Disinfection treatment offers an effective means to deactivate (kill) a wide range of microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, and parasites. It does so by irreparably damaging their cell walls and disrupting DNA chains. While it does not provide for any downstream disinfection, nor does it physically remove the dead organisms, it can serve as a simple, yet powerful means to reduce the risk of waterborne illness in residences, including homes and cabins. Ultraviolet (UV) light disinfection treatment should always include pre-filtration to eliminate particulates 10 micron and larger — as well as to remove any discoloration that might prevent good light penetration of the water.
Water Control is pleased to offer a large selection of residential treatment options:
- replacement bulbs
- UV monitoring systems (to ensure disinfection levels)
Need help with a UV application? Click the Rep Locator in the side bar to locate a local Water Control representative.